Below you can find more information about Administration & Finance Department
Administration & Finance Department
Matters relating to administration and finance are handled by this department. It’s headed by a director who is supported by 63 other staff and is charged with the following responsibilities:
• General Administration of the Board
• Dealing with Discipline and Promotion of Staff
• Advancement of Staff
• Processing of Retirement and Death Benefit of Staff.
• Processing of Transfer.
• Recruitment of Staff.
• Dealing with Transport.
• Appointment/Posting of Staff
• Preparation of Payment Vouchers.
• Maintenance and updating financial records
• Preparation of Monthly Financial Returns.
• Receiving and Issuing Items
• Raising Local Purchase order (NPO) to Contractors
• Rising Jobbing order.
• Checking and Balancing of all Stocks.
The department also helps in achieving timely release of all funds to the board. It has the following objectives:
• Strengthen the Financial System for SUBEB and LEAs.
• Develop Capacity for individuals to operate the new system for effective service delivery.
• Strengthen the Policy Framework and Guidelines for Devolution of Power and Authority to LEAs and Schools.
• Enhance and Support Appropriate Structures for the participatory Management of Basic Education.
Enhance the Capacity of SUBEB and LEAs to support and maintain the decentralization of strategies.